How to Apply for Austria Student Visa From Ghana… This is a complete guide on how to apply for student visa to study in Austria for Ghanaians – visa application fee, guideline, and requirements.
Austria is a relatively small and rich country located in the center of Europe. Austria offers one of the highest standard of living in the world. It is recognized for its cultural heritage and vast contribution to the arts, these include architectural monuments like Saint Stephens Cathedral, Schönbrunn Palace, Hofburg Palace, etc. The academic year in Austria is split into two semesters: winter and summer. The academic year begins around October 1st and ends around September 30th of the following year.
If you are looking for the cheapest universities in Austria, see the full list of universities in Austria for International students with low tuition fees.
In this article, we will address different questions based on search queries. Some of these queries are;
- Cost of Austria student visa
- Duration of Austria student visa
- How to renew Austria student visa
- Required documents for Austria student visa
- Austria student visa processing time
- How to apply for Austria student visa from Ghana
As an International student from Ghana, you will need to apply for Austria student visa if you wish to school in any of Austrian University.
How to Apply for Austria Student Visa From Ghana
The following is a simplified process which would help you to successfully secure the travel document to Austria:
Austria Student Visa
International students from Ghana will need a student visa or a residence permit to study in Austria. The Austrian student visas type D are issued to non-immigrant visas for individuals who intend to study in any Austrian institution for a short period of 6 months. For longer periods of more than 6 months, you’ll need a student residence permit (Aufenthaltsbewilligung Studierende) alongside your student visa which is issued by authorities in Austria.
Duration of Austria Student Visa and Residence Permit
The student visa duration depends on the program you choose. The Austria student visa is valid for up to 3 months or more. The Austria study permit allows you to stay during your entire degree programme, you may need to renew your visa every year. If you want to stay in Austria after your degree is over, you will have to apply for a residence permit through the immigration office.
Cost of Study Visa for Austria
The cost of the Austria Student visa is between €50 for minors and €80 for adults. it will cost another €100 to get a residence permit. All payments will be collected in local currency (cash only) as per the local exchange rate. The fee is non-refundable
How to Renew Student Visa in Austria
You can renew your Student Visa as many times as you want, as long as you are enrolled in an Austrian institution. However, you will need to show evidence of your eligibility and must apply from inside the Austria territory before your visa expires. If you want to stay back at the end of your study, you will need to apply for another type of visa.
Required Documents for Austria Student Visa Application
Here is a list of required documents you will need if you are applying for an Austria student Visa from Ghana.
- Duly completed visa Type D application form.
- Two recent passport photographs in dimensions of 35 – 40 mm, full face capture
- Original International Passport with a validity period of at least three months after the stated date of departure to Austria. CLICK HERE to get your passport in 15 days.
- Letter of admission issued by your Austrian university confirming your admission
- Proof of accommodation arrangements
- Proof of health insurance, It is required that the insurance covers all days you are planning to stay in Austria, this document must cover medical costs of up to €30,000.
- Proof of sufficient funds in the form of bank statement, confirmation issued by future employer, bank account that can be assessed when in Austria, travelers’ cheque or scholarship grants issued by a sponsor. The required amount is €487.53 per month for students aged 24 and below, while students aged 24 and over require €882.78 per month
- Proof of tuition fees payment or grant/scholarship submission to cover tuition fees
- A notarized letter signed by one or both of your parents declaring financial responsibility (not required if you are able to financially support yourself)
- Copy of your itinerary or round trip ticket
- All applicants must also submit biometric data (10 fingerprints). You need to schedule an appointment at the Netherlands VFS Visa Application Centers in Ghana in order to do this
- Original Birth certificate
- Original School Certificate with Grades or Points
- Police clearance certificate indicating that you have no prior convictions and a model citizen. CLICK HERE to see how to get Ghana police clearance certificate.
- As a rule, before filing your application for a residence permit, you will need to have your documents legalized. For appointments concerning legalization of documents, please contact the online reservation system, Office hours: Monday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. till 12:00 noon. Legalization costs are €40 per document.
How to Apply for Austria Student Visa From Ghana
- Apply for admission into Austrian University. Proceed to the next step when you have been granted admission.
- Visit the Netherlands Visa Application Centre in Ghana to obtain your visa application form. Fill the same and submit at the Netherlands Visa Application Centre.
- Schedule a visa appointment (place your appointment at least eight weeks before your intended travel date).
- Have your biometric collected and have your visa interview.
- CLICK HERE to track your visa application.
NOTE: Applications for a visa for Austria are accepted at the Netherlands Visa Application Centre in Ghana.
Austria Student Visa Application Time
Waiting times for appointments and for processing applications will vary depending on your nationality and the time of year. You should apply at least 30months before your intended date of travel. The processing time for visa applications usually takes up to 15 days. However, it can sometimes take up to 60 days if more information is needed. For instance, you may need to undergo screening.