Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment for Engineering Supervisor – Shaft Maintenance.
AngloGold Ashanti is a global gold mining company with mines and exploration projects in four different regions namely – Continental Africa, Americas, Australasia and South Africa. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time.
The Engineering Supervisor – Shaft Maintenance is accountable for coordinating the work, training, monitoring and control of quality, of cage operators and shaft maintenance technicians to ensure the operation is at all times fully compliant with LI2182, safe, and compliant with operational and Engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate Safety behavior consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the Shaft maintenance in Statutory Inspections of Shafts, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all Other shaft related Jobs in accordance/compliance LI2182, accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Review, approval and sign off of the shaft maintenance team items detailed in the Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
- Deliver shaft maintenance items consistent with the legal compliance required in the refurbishment plan and commencement of operations stages
- Comply with reporting processes for managing shaft maintenance that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Monitor and ensure the shaft maintenance and refurbishment work is of a standard that is compliant, supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Develop and maintain the shaft maintenance portion of the Shaft Engineering Management Plan, as a key Project Execution Plan sub plan for the area of accountability
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- HND or MET III or equivalent
- MET II
- An experienced Shaft Maintenance Supervisor with 5+ years’ experience in Shaft maintenance.
- Must be knowledgeable and conversant with Provisions of LI2182 in relation to shaft work & Maintenance
- Must possess minimum of Inspecting Engineers Certificate of Competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Understand and know the use of Shaft log Book & its Importance
- Professional Certificated Specialist with a relevant certification body
- Strong Winder and Shaft Operations competencies in underground mining
- Excellent knowledge of requirements of LI2182
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated understanding of good Engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules and budgets all at once.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.