Anglican University College of Technology Job Recruitment – How to Apply
The Council of ANG.U.TECH hereby announces that the position of President of the University College will fall vacant from 1′” September, 2018. A successor is therefore being sought to replace the incumbent President, whose term of office ends from the University College as of that date.
• The vision of ANG.U.TECH is to be a leading institution in transforming Ghana’s Science and Technology education for development.
• The mission of ANG.U.TECH, as defined in its strategic plan, is to contribute to socio-economic development of society through the pursuit of technology, learning and research at the highest level of excellence.
• Founded in March, 2008, ANG.U.TECH is a multi-campus institution with its first Campus at Nkoranza, Brong Ahafo Region.
- Job Title: President
- Location: Brong Ahafo Region
- Job type: Full-Time
• The President is the academic and administrative head of the University College and is accountable to Council.
• The President is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the University College and has authority over all employees of the University College and the student body, subject to the Statutes of the University College.
• The President is responsible for the promotion of quality higher education and research and the provision of academic and administrative leadership. He/she should be capable of meeting challenges posed by inadequate infrastructure and a phenomenal growth in student population.
• The President is responsible for setting and implementing the agenda reflected by the University College’s broad strategic plans; initiating ‘new directions in the academic development of the University College; and protecting the integrity of the University College’s processes.
• The President is the public face of the University College and represents the University College to the outside world, speaking for ANG.U.TECH in the Council of Universities world-wide.
Terms of appointment
• To be determined by Council consistent with the University college’s statues.
• Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be of unblernished character and have a high degree of personal integrity.
• Must be a Professor with extensive research leadership and preferably with a PhD.
• Must be a distinguished scholar of international repute, who can inspire, direct and motivate employees for the University College to achieve its objectives.
• Must display creativity in vision.
• Must have mature and sober judgement,
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and must be a team player.
• Must have good business sense and the ability to manage resources to achieve set goals.
• Must have good fund raising capabilities.
• Must be able to complete a four-year term by age 65.
How to Apply
Candidates are to submit an application letter and completed application form to which should be attached the following: • Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who can at test to the qualities sought. • A short vision statement outlining how the applicant would respond to the Anglican University College of Technology’s Mission and Vision Statements during his/her tenure as President. • Applications should be forwarded under registered cover to reach the following address not later than 7th May, 2018: The Chairperson Search Committee for President C/o Office of the Registrar Anglican University College of Technology P. O. Box 78 Nkoranza Brong Ahafo Region, Ghana Interested applicants should request for application forms form the registrar by email to the following address: http://[email protected] or [email protected]
Closing Date: 07 May, 2018