Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for African Union Recruitment 2021. The application deadline is 21st December 2020.
The African Union is a continental union consisting of 55 member states located on the continent of Africa, with the exception of various territories of European possessions located in Africa.
- Company: African Union
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Head of Division – Strategy Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Purpose of Job
To provide strategic direction and leadership in managing the Division of Strategy Planning, Monitoring Evaluation in order to achieve the AfCFTA Secretariat’s strategic objectives and mandate.
• Provide technical leadership and ensure efficient functioning of the Division;
• Facilitate the formulation and ensure execution of AfCFTA Secretariat overall strategy;
• Ensure overall management of the Division’s personnel, budget, performance, quality, discipline and training in conformity with relevant rules and procedures in force.
• Facilitate the preparation of periodic programme performance reports and other relevant reports;
• Coordinate the design and implementation of programme related capacity building initiatives;
• Promote awareness and training of best practices in area of expertise;
• Analyse and address problems arising from current approaches to strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation;
• Develop and maintain regular working relations with top level stakeholders in appropriate agencies of Member States and partners;
• Engage stakeholders within Members States and RECs in designing and implementing strategies;
• Mobilise funding from external stakeholders to execute AfCFTA Secretariat’s strategies and activities; and
• Ensure creation of an inspiring work environment to enable staff development and professional progression.
• Coordinate the development, implementation and delivery of AfCFTA Secretariat’s long term and medium-term strategic plan, consistent with the African Union Agenda 2063;
• Foster institutionalization of Results-oriented culture within the AfCFTA Secretariat;
• Provide strategic guidance to the Directorates within the AfCFTA Secretariat and the formulation of the directorates action plans and budget;
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the strategy across the AfCFTA Secretariat;
• Produce the required periodic reports of the activities of the AfCFTA Secretariat and ensure that agreed deadlines for these reports are strictly adhered to;
• Manage the Division’s staff performance in accordance with rules and regulations of the African Union.
• Manage risk within the division and recommend mitigation strategies;
• Build continental and global partnerships relevant to AfCFTA Secretariat’s mandate;
• Contribute to the overall work of the AfCFTA Secretariat by playing an effective role in the Senior Management Team;
• Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation tool on AfCFTA implementation by State Parties;
• Ensure the preparation of mid-year and annual reports on the status of the implementation of AfCFTA within the Secretariat, Regional Economic Communities and State Parties;
• Facilitate the mid and end-term evaluation the AfCFTA strategic plan;
• Lead in the consultancy and feasibility studies of AfCFTA Secretariat’s projects;
• Attend technical and strategic meetings of the AfCFTA Secretariat; and
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or the Secretary-General.
• A University Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Project Management, Strategic Management or any related field of study with twelve (12) years of relevant progressively responsible work experience in Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation functions out of which seven (7) years should be at managerial level.
• Membership of relevant professional body is an added advantage.
• Ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally;
• Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks;
• Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff;
• Excellent IT skills;
• Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines;
• A high level of attention to detail; and
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic); fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply.
For more information about job offers, kindly the African Union Career website HERE.