Advance Ghana Job 2017
The assistant legal officer is a corporate officer who assists the Legal Officer to handle the legal affairs of the institution. The assistant legal officer will work with other legal staff to address the internal and external legal concerns of Advans Ghana. This professional must have superb legal skills and discipline to keep the institution functioning and out of legal trouble.
Job Title: Assistant Legal Officer
• Assist the Legal Counsel and Company Secretary generally in providing proactive legal advice and assistance to the Institution.
• Hold Brief for and on behalf of the Legal Officer and Company Secretary in Court
• Undertake such company secretarial duties as are assigned by the Legal Officer and Company Secretary.
• Ensure that good record keeping practices are observed and that all documents are properly retained in the department.
• Build good relationships with those of equivalent level and more senior in other functions and with external advisers and government bodies. As an administrator, he must promote strong relationships with partners and clients of the corporation, acting as a liaison between partners and work groups.
• Make significant contributions in ensuring that all the department’s internal and external stakeholders receive excellent service delivery thereby ensuring that the legal department effectively partners all the departments and branches.
• Ensure compliance with statutory obligations and advise Legal Officer and Company Secretary accordingly
• Drawing up and submitting major contracts, agreements and other legal documents as directed by the Legal officer
• The Assistant Legal officer may prepare and monitors budgets and expenditures on certain projects and activities of the units
• The assistant legal officer must research different information to make sure the institution is acting in accord with all applicable laws of the country
• Internal relations: Branch staff / Head Office department
• External relations: Prospects / Clients
• Supervises: Administrative assistant, Legal
• Head of Units/ Steerco
Vertical mobility (within the same function): Branch Manager
• Staff of the same level
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of LLB qualification
• Qualified to work as a legal practitioner in Ghana.
• Must possess a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience within the industry
• Savings and Loans company or its equivalent as lawyer.
• Good knowledge and appreciation of Ghana laws and labor related issues
• Strong decision making skills
• Excellent oral and presentation skills
• Strong, analytical, drafting and negotiating skills.
• Open and outward looking attitude.
• Strong inter-personal/communication skills.
• Ability to work confidently and stand ground with more senior managers.
How to Apply
Kindly apply through: [email protected]
Closing Date: 26 October, 2017