Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grants 2019.
Early Career Academic Grants are open to early career academics employed by ACU member universities, enabling them to participate in a conference held in any country other than their country of employment.
Grants are intended to give the opportunity to participate in international conferences to early career academics without previous international experience.
- 1 ACU Early Career Academic Grants Amount.
- 2 Association of Commonwealth Universities Early Career Academic Grants Eligibility.
- 3 ACU Early Career Academic Grants Conference Participation & Travel Dates.
- 4 ACU Early Career Academic Grants Other Terms & Conditions.
- 5 How to Apply for Association of Commonwealth Universities Early Career Academic Grants.
ACU Early Career Academic Grants Amount.
- 30 grants are available in 2019.
- The maximum amount of each grant is GBP 2,000. Grants can be used to cover travel and visa costs, conference fees, accommodation and subsistence.
Association of Commonwealth Universities Early Career Academic Grants Eligibility.
- Applicants must be employed in an academic (research and/or teaching) role by an ACU member institution.
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than 10 years from the start of their employment in an academic role. Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants should make this clear in their application.
- Applicants must not have previously worked at or attended an academic conference outside their home region.
ACU Early Career Academic Grants Conference Participation & Travel Dates.
The conference to be attended must be a recognised academic conference in a field relevant to the applicant’s area of expertise in a country other than the applicant’s country of employment. Applicants must give full details of their chosen conference at the time of application.
Proof of a paper submission/acceptance must be attached to the application form.
The grant must be used to participate in a conference between 1 June 2019 and 31 December 2019.
Applications to attend conferences outside these dates will not be successful.
ACU Early Career Academic Grants Other Terms & Conditions.
- Applicants must provide a letter of support from their head of department.
- Successful applicants will be responsible for arranging any required visa as well as making their own travel arrangements.
- Grants will be paid in a single instalment to a nominated individual at the grant holder’s home institution.
- Grant holders must provide an account of expenditure and a brief report on how their grant has been spent.
How to Apply for Association of Commonwealth Universities Early Career Academic Grants.
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.
For more information, visit the ACU Early Career Conference Grants.
Application Deadline: Sunday, 31st March 2019.