Accra College of Medicine Admission Requirements for prospective students of the college has been released.
All applicants will be required to write and pass an entrance examination and go through interviews before being offered admission. The interview will also confirm their level of admission and any other exemption requirements. The interview panel will include representatives from the University of Ghana.
ACCRA COLLEGE OF MEDICINE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
SENIOR SECONDARY/HIGH SCHOOL REQUIREMENTS
- Prospective students should have obtained Aggregate 12 or better in six (6) subjects in the WASSCE/SSSCE examinations.
- They should have obtained credits or better (A1 – C6 in WASSCE or A – D in SSSCE) in the core subjects: English, Mathematics, Integrated Science and three elective subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Elective Mathematics).
- In addition applicants should have at least a credit (grade C6 in WASSCE or D in SSSCE) in Social Studies or Life Skills.
IGCSE/GCE (CAMBRIDGE) – ‘O’ AND ‘A’ LEVELS – MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- GCE (Cambridge) ‘A’ Levels, applicants must have at least Grade C in Three (3) subjects comprising Chemistry, Physics and either Biology or Mathematics and
- IGCSE or GCE (Cambridge) ‘O’ levels, applicants must have at least Grade C in English Language, Additional Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry and a language foreign to the applicant’s own.
BACCALAURÉAT (FRENCH) – MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must have obtained at least a grade 12 in the General Baccalauréat (Science).
- In addition, applicants must show evidence of proficiency in English. This requirement can be satisfied by providing official documentation of scores achieved for one of the following English language proficiency examinations.
Students must have their official scores sent directly to the Admissions Office of ACM. Tests must be less than two years old from date of enrollment.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 550 (written version) or 61 (internet version).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.0 or better.
- CAMBRIDGE FCE (First Certificate in English) grade of “B” (B2 level) or higher – Cambridge Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) preferred.
- TOEIC (Test Of English for International Communication) score of at least 600.
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB)REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must have the IB Diploma (DP) Certificate and at least Grade 5 in High Level (HL) Chemistry and in any two (2) of the following HL Subjects: Physics and either Biology or Mathematics.
- In addition, for those who have taken the:
- IB Middle Years Programme (MYP), applicants must have the MYP Certificate and at least Grade 4 in English, Extended Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and a language foreign to the applicant’s own.
IGCSE or GCE (Cambridge) ‘O’ levels, applicants must have at least Grade C in English Language, Additional Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry and a language foreign to the applicant’s own.
AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL – MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must have a Final Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 from courses including science (physics, chemistry, biology), mathematics, social sciences, English and a foreign language in their Grade 12 Examinations.
In addition applicants must have satisfactory test scores from the ACT (score of at least 22) or the SAT (score of at least 1000) examinations. Satisfactory test scores (at least 500) in SAT Subject tests in Chemistry, Physics and
- Biology/Mathematics may be advantageous but not compulsory.
ACM will give university degree holders with good qualifications as undergraduates the opportunity to pursue medicine at the graduate level. Graduate students with good qualifications as undergraduates the opportunity to pursue medicine at the graduate level. Graduate students with a good first degree (minimum of a second class upper) in a science discipline or in “liberal arts” who had taken university level science course and whose background qualifications would have entitled them to be admitted into a university undergraduate science program, would normally will be admitted subject to the results of an entrance examination and interview. The level of entrance of graduate students will be determined by the student’s background as follows:
- Graduate students with a background in any science discipline will enter at level 200 (the second year) of ACM. They will however still have to take selected Level 100 (first year) College compulsory courses.
- “Liberal Arts” graduates, as defined above, will enter at level 100 (first year).
- Visit our campus at East Legon, pay the application fee and pick up an application form.
- Fill in the form with the required details, attaching copies of all documents requested for.
- Submit the completed form at our campus
- Await our call to schedule the date for entrance exam and subsequent interview.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
Make payment for application form at any Zenith Bank to the following details;
Accra College of Medicine
Account Number: 6011208587
Branch: Labone branch
Make payment online
- Visit our website, and open the application form Online
- Fill in the required details
- Upload scan of needed documents and Receipt showing payment
- Submit form online
- Administration will verify your application and communicate date for entrance exam and interview.
GHS 300.00 – Application fee.
GHS 500.00 – Entrance Exam and Interview fee.
Make payment for application form (dollar equivalent of fee) into the account below;
$100 – Application fee.
$200 – Entrance Exam and Interview fee.
Accra College of Medicine
Account Number : 6041208272
Bank Name : Zenith Bank Ghana Limited
Branch : Labone
SWIFT Code : ZEBLGHAC
Sort Code : 120108
Make payment online
- Proceed to the fill form Online
- Upload all scanned required documents and receipt showing payment[5MB max]
- Submit form.
- Administration will verify documents and get back to you with dates of Exam which can be taken online and a Skype interview can be arranged if you are unable to be in Ghana.
Do you want fast updates? Don't Hesitate to Like Facebook Page AND Also Follow Us On Twitter, Thanks and Share this Post below. our