Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Worldreader Recruitment 2022.
Job Title: Intern, Programs
The Programs Intern will assist in the coordination and administration of our programs and projects in Ghana. In this role, you will work closely with the Programs Manager and other team members to ensure the smooth execution of programs, maintain accurate records, and provide support in program-related activities. In addition, you will assist the local programs team with brainstorming campaigns aimed at increasing readership to achieve our goal of reaching 25 million readers by 2025.
Scope of Work
- Assist in the planning and coordination of program activities, ensuring adherence to established work plans, timelines and objectives
- Support the Programs Manager in the development and implementation of program strategies and initiatives
- Help maintain accurate and up-to-date program documentation, including program documents, and reports
- Assist in monitoring program progress, identifying risks and issues, and proposing appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with the Programs Manager to prepare program-related materials, such as presentations, reports, and communication materials
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops, and events related to programs, including scheduling, logistics, and documentation
- Conduct research on relevant topics and trends to support program development and improvement.
- Collaborate with team members to evaluate program outcomes, collect feedback, and identify areas for enhancement.
Worldreader seeks a Programs Intern for a period of up to 4 months for 10-15 hours weekly. This is an unpaid internship.
A final report and/or presentation of the projects will be presented to an internal Worldreader committee at a determined date closer to the end of the internship.
- Must be a resident and undergraduate student at a recognized university in Ghana currently studying Business Administration, Social Sciences, or a related discipline
- Commitment to time frame of internship
- Strong interest in program management and a passion for positively impacting children
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Proficiency in using productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work remotely and collaboratively in a team environment and establish effective working relationships
- Proactive attitude with the ability to take initiative and solve problems creatively
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities and tasks
Interns will benefit from the opportunity in the following ways:
- Support Worldreader’s efforts to bring digital reading to vulnerable communities
- Collaborate with a passionate global team
- Learn about international development and the nonprofit education sector
- Give a culminating experience presentation to Worldreader staff at the end of your internship
- Build your professional network
- Gain valuable resume-building experience
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 15th August, 2023.