Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for WorldCover Recruitment 2020.
WorldCover is a climate insurance provider in Ghana.
- Company: WorldCover
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Sales Development Representative
WorldCover seeks an experienced Sales Development Representative to expand operations in Africa ( Ghana, Uganda & Kenya).
Your mission is to identify and create new qualified sales opportunities in Target Accounts for their regional business development managers.
You will report directly to the Senior Business Development Leader, who is based in Accra and travels frequently to East Africa.
WorldCover is a for-profit technology company insuring small businesses around the world against the effects of climate change, a $160 billion opportunity. We have launched drought insurance products for agribusinesses in West and East Africa, and we are planning future expansion and partnerships in Latin America, Southeast Asia, and other regions.
Our technology enables us to instantly price and issue crop insurance policies for agribusinesses anywhere within our markets. Our platform is powered by satellite data, proprietary risk algorithms, and mobile money payments.
WorldCover is founded by MIT computer scientists and finance industry experts, and our leadership team hails from Uber, KPMG, Gates Foundation, CGIAR, Swiss Re, and World Bank. We are backed by Y Combinator, MS&AD Ventures and other world-class venture investors. See our recent press coverage in TechCrunch, the WSJ and FT.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Sales Development Representative, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call into prospects generated by a variety of outside sources
- Follow-up on inbound leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams
- Identify key players, research and obtain business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin the sales cycle
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Set appointments for Business development manager team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Ensure successful follow-through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
- Nurture new inbound leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a BDM
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with Business development team members on strategic sales approach
Successful applicants will have much of the following:
- 1+ year of successful experience in telemarketing, preferably in Agritech
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Demonstrated success in prospecting across Africa
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and a strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM applications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
Compensation and Opportunities:
You will be compensated generously for your performance in this role:
- International-level cash compensation
- Commissions for reaching targets; very strong upside for excelling
- Private insurance
- Computer, phone, and data benefits
- Budget for prospecting and travelling
Growth opportunities at our fast-growing tech startup:
- You will be working with a global team based in Africa, Europe, and the US
- Occasional travel to those offices or to regional industry events
- Learn about startup best practices
- Along with local and regional company growth; ability to expand territory and opportunities and lead a junior sales team.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.