University of Cape Coast Law Admission Forms for 2019/2020 | You will get all the information on the UCC Law Admission Forms for the 2019/2020 academic year on this page.
The admission requirements, how to apply, entrance examination, mode of application, interviews and all you need in order to apply successfully.
Admission of Candidates into the Bachelor of Laws (Llb) Degree Programme for the 2019/2020 Academic Year
Applicants are to note that the programme is strictly fee-paying.
1.0 PROGRAMME GOAL AND STUDENT PROFILE
The main goal of the Law programme, which is in line with the University’s mission, is to produce high-caliber legal scholars and researchers who will positively influence decision-making and implementation at all levels of the corporate and public (including judiciary, security and intelligence) sectors, journalism, politics, private affairs and other areas. Graduates of the programme will be expected to provide the highest quality legal services that will address the needs of Ghana and the international community. Exit characteristics of our graduates will include:
- Sound knowledge and application of law
- Proficiency in use of information technology, legal data and law office software
- Critical thinking, logical reasoning, advocacy and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to conduct sound legal research and
- Community and public service and voluntarism
2.0 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates seeking admission to the LLB programme must:
- Have obtained a good first degree in any field of study from a recognized University with at least a 2nd Class Lower Division or have obtained post-graduate qualification from a recognized University.
- Submit an official transcript of academic record.
- Submit at least two referees’ reports, one of which must be from a former lecturer.
- Pass a selection interview.
- Show capacity for a demanding full time study; availability by show of release letter from employers; and ability to pay
- Ghanaian Applicants will be required to:
- Write an entrance examination
- Familiarize themselves with the provisions of the 1992 Ghanaian Constitution and current affairs (national and international)
- Have successfully completed national service.
Eligible foreign applicants (applying from outside Ghana) will be examined via Skype (Skype addresses are to be forwarded to email@example.com ).
- Have credit passes in six (6) subjects with overall aggregate of EIGHT (8) or better at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
i. WASSCE means A1 – C6
ii. SSSCE means A – D
3.0 HOW TO APPLY
3.1 Ghanaian Applicants
Applicants should purchase scratch cards for online application at the Centres listed below:
- Cash Office, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast (Mode of payment – cash)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional and District Capitals (Mode of payment – Postal Order)
- University of Cape Coast, Accra Office, Tesano, Accra (Mode of payment – Cash)
- Kumasi Workers’ College, Kumasi (Mode of payment – CASH)
- I-J Consult, Kasoa – Nyanyano Road, Near Witty Kids Int. School (CASH Payment)
- All UCC College of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres (Mode of payment:
GCB Bankers Draft in the name of The Registrar, University of Cape Coast)
3.2 Foreign Applicants
International applicants can make payment by VISA Card and have their Scratch Card PIN sent to their e-mail addresses to enable them to complete their applications online.
Ghanaian Applicants – GH¢600.00 (Post-First Degree)
– GH¢400.00 (Post-WASSCE/SSSCE)
International Applicants – US$ 350.00
The application fee covers the cost of processing applications, entrance examination, interviews, and publication of examination results/selected candidates.
4.0 ONLINE APPLICATIONS
- Applicants should visit www.ucc.edu.gh then go to the Quick Links and click on Apply Now for further instructions. Applicants should select the POST FIRST DEGREE application type.
- Ghanaian applicants are required to provide the following information at the back of the Large EMS envelope:
- Application reference number
- Full name
- Postal address
- Type of Application (Post First Degree)
- Applicants are advised to read application instructions as well as the contents of the Faculty Brochure very carefully before completion of the online application form.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF COPIES OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
(a) Copies of completed online application form (confirmation page) accompanied by copies of certificates should be sent by POST and NOT delivered by hand and should reach the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA), University of Cape Coast.
Applicants are to ensure that copies of the confirmation page are posted early enough to be received before the deadline for submission of forms received after the deadline will not be processed.
(b) No additional documents will be accepted after submission of confirmation pages. Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates (not returnable) should accompany confirmation pages. Original certificates of applicants offered admission will be inspected during the interview.
(c) Application forms received without Application Reference Numbers and copies of certificates will not be processed. COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS ARE TO BE FORWARDED DIRECTLY BY UNIVERSITIES ATTENDED BY APPLICANTS.