The University of Ghana Legon, UG Postgraduate Admission Forms 2020/2021 | You will get all the details on the University of Ghana Legon postgraduate admission application below.
The University of Ghana Legon 2020/2021 Postgraduate Admission Forms will be out in the early parts of January 2020. Applicants are to acquire an application e-voucher from the bank at a fee to be determined during the release and apply fully online.
Get all the details you need in order to apply using University of Ghana Legon 2020/2021 Postgraduate Admission Forms below. Please take note that application will fully be done online.
For details of the available programmes, please visit, the University of Ghana Postgraduate Programmes.
- 1 UG LEGON POSTGRADUATE GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES
- 2 University of Ghana Sandwich Postgraduate Tuition Fee
- 3 How To Apply – UG Legon Postgraduate Programmes
UG LEGON POSTGRADUATE GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES
- A good first degree, preferably second class lower or better (or a Final Grade Point Average of at least 2.0), in a relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any recognized/accredited University. Applicants with third class may be considered for admission based on work experience and/or other qualifications.
- A minimum of two to three years working experience is required from all applicants desiring to pursue programmes at the University of Ghana Business School.
For more details in respect of Admission requirements, applicants are advised to contact the various Departments/Schools/Institutes/Centres for additional information on the various programmes.
- For purposes of assessing an applicant’s eligibility, he/she may be required to take an entrance examination and/or interview at the Department/Institute/School/Centre.
- For programmes marked with asterisks (*), all applicants are admitted into the MA/MSc programme at the first instance. Students who obtain an average of B+ or better in the first semester examinations MAY upgrade to the MPhil programme upon recommendation by the Head of Department in consultation with the Graduate Studies Committee of his/her Department.
Applicants may apply for a PhD programme with a Masters’ degree or a very good first degree.
Applicants applying with Masters’ Degree
- Applicants with relevant Masters’ degree from the University of Ghana or any recognized/accredited University may apply for a PhD programme.
- Applicants applying with first degree
Applicants with very good first degree from the University of Ghana or any recognized/accredited University may apply for a PhD programme. Such applicants, when admitted, shall be required to take first year courses of the Masters’ (Level 600) programme of their departments. They shall be required to pass all examinations in the courses. On successful completion of the Level 600 courses and depending on their performance, they would then progress into the four-year Ph.D. programme.
All PhD programmes in the University are now fee-paying and the durations are as follows
- Full-Time – Four (4) years
- Part-Time – Six (6) years
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES
A good first degree, preferably second class lower or better (or a Final Grade Point Average of at least 2.0), in a relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any recognized/accredited University. Applicants with third class may be considered for admission based on work experience and other qualifications.
For more details in respect of Admission Requirements, applicants are advised to contact the implementing Department/School/Institute/Centre for additional information on the various programmes.
PROGRAMME- SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER DETAILS
1. MA Public Affairs
A minimum of three years working experience in a private or a public sector is required from prospective applicants. Applicants must also pass an entrance examination and an interview.
2. MA Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
Applicants for this programme must be people teaching English at the basic, secondary and tertiary levels.
3. MSc in Accounting and Finance
Applicants must either hold a good first degree in any of the following areas: Accounting, Commerce and Finance or a Professional Accounting qualification.
Applicants with non-accounting (e.g. science, humanities etc.) degree may also be considered but they will be taken through access courses for a semester before they progress to the main programme.
4. MSc in Financial Risk Management
Applicants must have a background in any of the following areas: Finance, Risk Management, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics and Physics.
5. MA in Contemporary English Studies
The programme is intended for persons in any field of study, including journalists, public relations personnel, business executives, teachers and public servants. You do not need a degree in English to apply.
6. MSc. in GeoInformation Science
A minimum of three years’ working experience in the private or public sector is required from prospective applicants. Applicants must be computer literate and familiar with fundamentals of RS/GIS principles. Applicants may be required to also pass an interview.
7. MSc. Actuarial Science
The programme is appropriate for individuals with strong mathematical aptitude, i.e. a formal background in mathematics, statistics and Economics, who wish to advance in the actuarial profession. It is also appropriate for those working as entry-level actuaries who wish to prepare for Actuarial Professional examinations within the context of a structured academic programme.
9. MSc International Business: – Applicants with a minimum of second class lower degree from any background are eligible to apply. Selected professional qualification holders will also be admitted.
10. MSc Clinical Leadership & Management: – Applicants with a minimum of second class lower degree from the following backgrounds; Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, Pharmacist, Laboratory/investigations Professionals, Biostatisticians, Biomedical Engineers, Housekeeping and all other professionals in the health sector.
University of Ghana Sandwich Postgraduate Tuition Fee
PROVISIONAL FEES – GHANAIANS
|MSc Actuarial Science||– GHS 4,971.50 per semester|
|Other Non-Business Programmes||– GHS 4,573.50 per semester|
|Business School Programmes||– GHS 16,820.00 (GHS 8410.00 per semester)|
PROVISIONAL FEES – INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
MSc. Actuarial Science
|West African Nationals||– $2,733.00 per semester|
|Other African Nationals||– $3476.00 per semester|
|Non-African Nationals||– $4,589.00 per semester|
Business School Programmes
|Foreign, Ecowas and other Africans||– $7,400 for the year ($ 3,700 per sandwich semester)|
Other Non-Business Programmes for International Applicants
|West African Nationals||– $2,424.00 per semester|
|Other African Nationals||– $3,042.00 per semester|
|Non-African Nationals||– $3,970.00 per semester|
Dates for entrance examinations will be communicated to applicants for the following programmes:
|MA Public Affairs||– Department of Political Science|
|MA Theatre Arts||– Department of Theatre Arts|
How To Apply – UG Legon Postgraduate Programmes
These on-line forms are for applicants who have completed First or Second(Masters) University Degrees and wish to apply to Masters or Phd Degrees respectively.
Click to Apply (Ghanaian Applicants)
Click to Apply (International Applicants)
University of Ghana application e-voucher can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢ 200.00 at the following banks: Zenith Bank, Universal Merchant Bank, Ecobank, HFC Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Unibank, Ghana Commercial Bank and Fidelity Bank. Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher when completing the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
Applicants who did not graduate from the University of Ghana must submit the following documents online (Scan and Attach):
- Bachelors’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for Masters’ Degree programmes)
- Masters’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for PhD programmes)
- Three referees’ reports are required (provide the details of the referees online)
- PhD applicants should attach their Research Proposals to the application (Not more than Four pages)
The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Applicants who graduated from this university should scan and attach only their certificates to their applications. NOTE THAT NO APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE CERTIFICATE.
All applicants who graduated from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their ‘STUDENT IDENTITY NUMBERS’ on their forms before submission.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS AND GHANAIANS APPLYING FROM ABROAD
This category of applicants should use the following links to access the online application form for completion and submission:
All applicants are expected to pay to the University a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00. This fee can be paid directly or wire transferred into the UNIVERSITY OF GHANA ECOBANK ACCOUNT.
Details of the Account are:
All applicants are expected to pay to the University, a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00.
All foreign students should make their payments as follows:
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREX) – For payments in Ghana
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREIGN) – For payments outside Ghana
Account No.: 0161094409780403; Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
The third payment option is-
- The Secure online payment platform using Visa Card and MasterCard.The link is https://www.ug.edu.gh/ugpay
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates and transcripts should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission. The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Note that no application will be processed without proof of payment of the fee.
UG POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION APPLICATION FEES
Cost of E-voucher
|International Applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad||US$110.00|
All further enquiries should be sent to the addresses
The School Administrator
School of Graduate Studies,
University of Ghana
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGED ON SUBMISSION. ENSURE THAT CORRECT ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE PROVIDED. YOU MUST ALSO PRINT AND KEEP A COPY OF THE APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED ONLINE. THIS WOULD BE NEEDED DURING REGISTRATION IF ADMITTED. FINALLY, YOU ARE TO CHECK FROM TIME TO TIME YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION TO ASCERTAIN WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR ADMISSION. THIS CHECKING IS ADVISED TO START THREE WEEKS AFTER A FRIDAY, APRIL 10, 2020.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING DEADLINES AND ADHERE TO THEM STRICTLY
Kindly Note the Following Deadlines and adhere to them Strictly
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ON-LINE APPLICATIONS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES UNDER THIS ARRANGEMENT IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2020.
UG Regular Postgraduate Deadline
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING DEADLINE AND ADHERE TO IT STRICTLY
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR ALL PROGRAMMES IS FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2020.