Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Tullow Oil Recruitment 2021.
Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily focused on Africa and South America with a portfolio of 90 licenses across 16 countries.
Since 2006, Tullow has had interests in two licenses in offshore Ghana. In 2008, Tullow was appointed as the Jubilee Field Operator and, working with its joint venture partners and the Government of Ghana, went on to achieve first oil in November 2010. The Jubilee field has become Tullow’s key asset generating significant high-margin oil production. Tullow’s second major discovery and subsequent development in Ghana are the TEN fields where first oil was successfully achieved on time and on a budget in August 2016.
Job Title: HR Advisor
As HR Advisor you will be responsible for the following –
- Developing and owning the HR project plan and ensure key milestones are identified and communicated to key stakeholders
- Developing and delivering a staffing plan to ensure the team has the capability to deliver the key execution phase through to transition and then for further improvements and transformation efforts
- Developing and managing the Ghana Organisation structure required for self-operation and update as required
- Developing staffing plan for board acceptance and then deliver plan during execution phase
- Overseeing job description preparation for all new positions
- Leading the job evaluation for all new positions and ensure they are mapped to the Tullow bands to determine appropriate compensation.
- Developing and agreeing internal functional service level agreements in line with project expectations and ensure suitable sourcing of individuals
- Partnering with the Operam Resourcing Team to deliver timely recruitment and selection of best candidates for vacant positions
- Coordinating competency assessments for all new hires
- Ensuring robust and SMART development plans are in place for individuals with links to succession plans to meet POD commitments
- Managing onboarding processes for new Ghana BU organisation with senior Tullow leaders
- Working closely with the HR Managers and HR team to ensure key HR processes are followed consistently and correctly and in line with existing relevant policy
Ideally you will be degree qualified in HR or another related field and have a minimum of 8 years HR experience, preferably in the offshore oil and gas industry. You will be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Practical understanding and experience in key HR process and practice including performance management, people development, succession planning, talent management
- Knowledge of local employment legislation and awareness of local content laws
- Good understanding of reward practices
- Ability to advise and work with senior members of staff
- Good communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- Good understanding of the process for Risk Management & Mitigation
- Familiarity with project reporting requirements
- HR Consulting experience will be desirable
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.