Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Securities & Exchange Commission Recruitment 2022/2023.
The Ghana Securities and Exchange Commission, (SEC Ghana) which is the statutory body mandated by the Securities Industry Act, 2016 (Act 929) to promote the orderly growth and development of an efficient, fair and transparent securities market in which investors and the integrity of the market are protected.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
To ensure that issuers of securities to the public conduct their activities in accordance with Securities Laws and Regulations.
Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Review securities Offer Documents in line with Securities Industry Act, 2016 (Act 929), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Regulations 2003, L.I. 1728, and Companies Act 2019 (Act 992).
- Review applications for Takeovers and Mergers and other forms of business combinations in line with SEC Code on Takeovers and Mergers, 2008 and the Companies Act 2019 (Act 992).
- Monitor securities offerings and business combination activities and processes to ensure compliance with securities laws and regulations and produce project closure reports.
- Lead post-offer review of issuers of securities to ensure terms and conditions of the offers as contained in offer documents are complied with.
- Review Annual Financial Reports and Interim financial Statements of listed companies to ensure compliance with Securities Regulations and Accounting and Auditing Standards.
- Conduct on-site review of issuers with securities listed on the main exchange and the GFIM of the Ghana Stock Exchange using risk-based approach to ascertain compliance with the Companies Act 2019, Act 992, SEC Regulations 2003, L.I. 1728 and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Conduct investigations into accounting malpractices or misreporting by public companies where the Commission so suspects.
- Liaise with the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG) on matters of accounting and auditing standards.
- Review Corporate Governance structures/processes of public companies and measure compliance with:
- The SEC Code of Corporate Governance for companies with securities listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange,
- the Companies Act, 2019 (Act 929) and the Securities Laws and Regulations.
- Develop market guidance notes for the implementation of Act 929 and SEC Regulations for streamlining market practices.
- Play a lead role in the preparation of annual work plan of the department and quarterly performance review of same.
Minimum Educational & Professional Qualification
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or any relevant field.
- A Qualified Member of a Professional Body such as CA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA and in good standing with a minimum of 9 years post qualification experience.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years post Bachelor’s-Degree relevant work experience, four (4) of which must be in a managerial level in a reputable organization.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Competencies Required
- Knowledge in Accounting Principles, International Auditing Standards (ISAs) and Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial statements of public companies for profitability, solvency and going-concern purposes.
- Working knowledge of the securities market.
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools.
- Excellent management, problem-solving and writing skills.
- Ability to take initiatives, innovate, exercise sound judgement and take responsibility for actions.
- Ability to work with direct reports to achieve departmental goals and must have good temperament.
- Be hardworking, result-oriented and time conscious.
- Have strong ethical and professional skills.
Qualified and interested candidates should kindly apply through this link https://sec.gov.gh/careers/ by submitting a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including contact telephone numbers and email addresses of two referees.
CLOSING DATE: 25th March, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.