Are you a student of Oakland Community College? Do you want to access your student email address? You’re at the right place. In this article, you’ll learn how to create a student email address for Oakland Community College. You’ll also learn how to access your student email using any device of your choice.
The OCC student email is a personalized email account provided by Microsoft Office 365. Upon registering for classes (NOT after submitting an application), you will receive the email address.
OCC Student Email
To save money and protect the environment, OCC has switched much of their communications from paper to email. This means OCC will be sending email to you at your OCC Student Email Address.
You must get your OCC Student Email Address (if you haven’t done so already), and either check it periodically or have it forwarded the email to another email account that you read regularly.
Benefits of Student Email
With the student email, you can have access to numerous online resources. The student email offers you access to the following;
- Student Portal
- Canvas / Blackboard
- Online Library
- Discount memberships
Oakland Community College has partnered with Google to provide OCC students with Google Apps.
Features of College Email
- Official college email account
- Contacts and Calendars
- Access to Gmail Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Talk, and much more.
- Google cloud storage service with 1 GB of storage.
How to Use OCC Student Email to Access Online Classes
If you are taking an online class, log into Canvas and get course materials, and communicate with your instructor and fellow students.
How to Access Your OCC Student Email Login
To access your OCC student email login, follow the procedures outlined below.
- Visit the OCC email login: http://mail.student.oaklandcc.edu/
- To sign in, enter your OCC email address and password.
- After that, hit the signing button to access your email dashboard.
OCC Student Email Default Password
There is a default password to be used the first time you log in to your email account. The default password is:
- If you are new to OCC, you will receive an OCC email account when you enroll in a course. The login ID for this email account is the same as your Student System ID. Your password is the same as the Student System password.
- If you are not new to OCC and have an OCC Student Email, your password to the Email “may be different” than the one to the Student System. However, you may change your password if you want to make it the same as your Student System password (see Password Reset, below).