Newmont Mining Corporation Job Recruitment | How to Apply
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Talent Management Manager
- Provides strategic input into the overall talent management approach for the region, and supports the organization in adopting and executing the Global TM strategy.
- Drives improvement in bench strength and organizational capability across the region through the effective use of the talent framework.
- Drives the effective and appropriate implementation of programs, process and tools.
- Drives the coaching and development of the regional talent management team, business partners and the business to achieve desired outcomes.
Deliver an effective, efficient and customer centric Talent strategy for the region
- Develop and manage a regional strategy for Talent Management across the full talent lifecycle, specifically: talent acquisition and sourcing, onboarding, employee engagement, talent development, leadership development, career development, performance management, succession planning, and inclusion and diversity (collectively referred to as talent activities)
- Support Regional Manager, Organizational Effectiveness and Regional VPHR in reviewing and analyzing talent data to enable strategic decision making related to talent
- Ensure integration between all talent activities, tools and programs to enable the achievement of regional strategic priorities
- Partner closely with all regional COE, Operations and Site teams to ensure strategic alignment across all programs and talent decisions
- Collaborate with business partners and leaders to design and implement talent activities across the full talent cycle, which may include succession plans, leadership and individual development planning, short and long-term strategic org design, recruiting goals/plans, and team effectiveness strategies
- Develop and implement appropriate policies, guidelines, SOPs and process flows for all regional talent activities
- Appropriately manage relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
Oversee day to day delivery and execution of Talent Management activities
- Prepare and manage an annual calendar of all talent programs and activities and discussions, and follow up on key actions and cadence in conjunction with the Regional Manager, Organizational Effectiveness and Regional VPHR
- Lead the execution of all Newmont Ghana’s talent programs and activities including design, implementation, automation and continuous improvement, as per the regional business and strategic priorities
- Develop, maintain, and update region-specific talent tools, templates and resources (Succession Process, 9-box, Potential Assessment, Global Talent Pool framework, Employee Profile)
- Establish, monitor and maintain all processes
- Develop and manage a comprehensive and systematic workforce planning process that aligns business and HR needs to ensure the region has the right people, with the right skills, at the right time
- Maintain a diligent focus on all talent movement, attrition, progression etc. for diverse populations and overall population
- Compile, monitor, and report relevant talent data, and measure progress against key talent metrics established for the year
- Support the standardization of talent management metrics across the organization
Consulting as a Talent Management SME
- Continuously research, understand, articulate and implement talent best practices, insights and learnings
- Provide day-to-day talent solutions, expert counsel, and accurate and timely information to stakeholders
- Anticipate and serve as a consultant on all talent management matters
- Develop and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders as a talent SME within HR in order to provide complex guidance and direction to ensure deliverables and business decisions are within guidelines
- Lead and manage projects that require Talent Management SME expertise
- Provide ongoing consultative support to site and regional HR teams and educate and support the teams to address talent matters
Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Science, Psychology or related field
- A Master’s degree, post graduate qualification in Management, HR, or business related area or professional HR qualification is an advantage
- Strong command of English language (spoken and written)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in human resources with strong focus on talent management, leadership development or HR generalist
- Minimum of 4 years in a supervisory/ area lead role or working with senior leadership teams
- Experience designing, developing and implementing HR related programs, processes, and policies
- Previous experience with multi-site, international multi-functional organization
Skills and Abilities:
- Situational leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal relationship and communication skills are required
- Ability to quickly build strong partnerships and influence others
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently while prioritizing appropriately
- Must be team work oriented and work efficiently within limited time requirements
- Ability to identify and analyze individual and organizational needs
- Strong process facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent cross cultural understanding and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to identify problems, make decisions, create solutions, and take action
- Ability to train and coach others
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected].
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should CLICK HERE to apply.