National Development Planning Commission Vacancy 2017
The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC)- is a public sector organisation established under Articles 86 and 87 of the 1992 Constitution as part of the Executive. As part of its core
mandate, the Commission is responsible for advising the President on development planning and
strategy for Ghana.
• The Assistant Internal Auditor shall report directly to the Senior Internal Auditor and ultimately to the
Chief Internal Auditor on matters relating to internal audit.
• The Assistant Internal Auditor would assist in the development of the annual internal audit plan, help
in executing audit engagements and perform other tasks that may be assigned.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Vouch sample transactions in audit verification assignments and submit findings to Supervisor;
• Collect and analyses data and statistics through examination of records or interviews with staff;
• Prepare audit working papers documenting work performed, for review by Supervisor;
• Record proceedings of entry and exit audit conferences and;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
• Attractive, with fringe benefits.
• Applicants must be able to serve the Commission for at least 4 years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Internal Auditing, Auditing, Accounting or a related field of specialization from a reputable tertiary institution; or
• Part II of the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), ICA Ghana, ACCA or CIMA qualifications;
• Must have good knowledge of the Internal Audit Agency Act, Internal Audit Regulations, Public Financial Management Act, Public Procurement (Amendment) Act,
and the Financial Administration Regulations 2004.
• A good grasp of the National Development Planning Commission Act and the National Development Planning (Systems) Act would be an advantage.
• Must have completed compulsory National Service.
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by NDPC in collaboration with the Public Services Commission (PSC).
Skills And Abilities:
• Good knowledge of auditing techniques;
• Good knowledge and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point; skills in the use of an accounting software package would be an advantage;
• Good communication, report writing, and presentation skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
• Emotional stability and abili~ to cope with pressure
• Ability to use judgement and to take initiative
• Good knowledge of public sector operations and;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the under-listed:
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae with names and addresses of two referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
• Evidence of good standing with a professional institution, if a member of any.
• Vision statement on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4 size paper).
• Applications should be submitted via post or hand delivered to; The Director General National Development Planning Commission No.13 Switchback Road P.O. Box CT633 Cantonments-Accra Or email to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 31 October, 2017