Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for MTN Global Connect Recruitment 2023/2024.
GlobalConnect is a Pan-African digital wholesale and infrastructure services company founded in 2017, and an operating company in the MTN Group. GlobalConnect manages MTN’s international and national major wholesale activities, in addition to offering reliable wholesale and infrastructure solutions for fixed connectivity and wholesale mobility solutions that include international mobile services, Voice, SMS, signaling, roaming, and interconnect.
Job Title: Engineer: Service Process
Engineer: Service Process
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The role will be responsible for providing quality and performance reports for all core and backbone GlobalConnect services, Roaming, Signaling, Messaging, IT, and IP/MPLS.
This role will be responsible for the analytics and projections to ensure that the core is stable, within the capacity, and stable for customers.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities/outputs of the position (KPA’s)
- Provide service performance reports and analysis for the GlobalConnect internal customers:
- Measuring & collecting process data for optimizing process flows
- Using DMAIC & DMADV methodologies for reducing variation in existing processes and designing new processes
- In-depth knowledge of business process analysis and improvement techniques
- Ability to collect, clean, analyze datasets and create data models to aid in the visualization of data
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements in GC processes
- Analyse the potential impact and risks feedback to the responsible business area
- Ability to find/explore workaround solutions
- Ensure service performance is up to standards
- Lead in the training, adoption, and usage of processes by the SOC/NOC team
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, and Competencies)
- Minimum 3-year Academic Degree (Engineering/Computer Science/ Statistics)
- Fluent in English and the language of country preferable
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Strong IT background in a Telco environment
- Data Analysis
- Six sigma certification is desirable
- ITSM certification desirable
- A good understanding of the telecommunication industry – especially wholesale carrier services is desirable
- Experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of the OSS and BSS system architectures
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment
- Ability to identify key issues in a situation and to think creatively and strategically in facing internal and external challenges
- Ability to provide direction and leadership towards multiple business units within the organization
- Maturity to handle ambiguity and adapt to a dynamic environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Regional and international travel
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements of business and staff members
- Excellent Interpersonal and technical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.