The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) undergraduate top-up engineering admission form for 2021 has been released.
The Institute of Distance Learning, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, wishes to inform prospective students and the general public that application e-vouchers for admission to the following Undergraduate Top-Up Engineering programmes of the University through the Distance Learning Mode for the 2020/2021 academic year are now on Sale. Successful applicants will start in May, 2021.
PROGRAMMES ON OFFER
Undergraduate Top Up Programmes (Five Semesters)
- BSc. Agricultural Engineering
- BSc. Civil Engineering
- BSc. Computer Engineering
- BSc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BSc. Geomatic Engineering
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering
- BSc. Telecommunication Engineering
- BSc. Petroleum Engineering (online only)
- BSc. Chemical Engineering (online only)
Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Top-Up Engineering Programmes
1. BSc. Agricultural Engineering
HND in Agricultural Engineering or its equivalent Diploma certificate from an accredited institution.
2. BSc. Civil Engineering
The programme seeks to upgrade HND Civil Engineering and Diploma in Civil Engineering certificate holders to BSc level. Entry requirements are:
- A minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in HND from a recognised Polytechnic;
- A minimum of Second Class (Upper) or equivalent Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised institution
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience in relevant field of work.
3. BSc. Computer Engineering
HND in Computer Engineering/Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering or an equivalent Diploma certificate.
4. BSc. Geomatic Engineering
HND in Surveying or Diploma in Geodetic/Geomatic Engineering or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
5. BSc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering
HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Computer Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering or an equivalent Diploma certificate.
6. BSc. Mechanical Engineering
HND or its equivalent Diploma Certificate from an accredited institution in any of the following Mechanical Engineering disciplines:
- Production Engineering
- Plant Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
- Foundry Technology
7. BSc. Telecommunication Engineering
- HND in Telecommunication Engineering
- HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Computer Engineering/ or an equivalent Diploma Certificate
8. BSc. Petroleum Engineering (online only)
- HND in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering.
- First Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
9. BSc. Chemical Engineering (online only)
HND or its equivalent in Chemical Engineering
Cost of Application E-Voucher
The cost of E-voucher for all the Engineering Top-up Programmes – GH¢200.00 for Ghanaian Applicants and US$100 for Foreign Applicants
PLEASE NOTE: Programmes would be mounted depending on the number of qualified applicants per Centre.
How to Apply for KNUST Top-Up Engineering Admission
Applicants MUST carefully read all the following instructions before starting the application process.
- Undergraduate Engineering Top-Up applicants should purchase an online application e-voucher from GCB Bank, ECOBANK and Consolidated Bank-Ghana and then APPLY ONLINE via https://admissions.knust.edu.gh
- Applicants should carefully follow the instructions on the e-voucher.
- KUMASI – The Office of the Director, Institute of Distance Learning, Casely-Hayford Building, KNUST Campus, Tel No.: 0204743271, 0245077483, 0509314350, 0279857058
- ACCRA – Old KNUST Guest House near ECOBANK Head Quarters; contact Michael on Tel. 0500482875 or KNUST Accra City Campus, Kwabenya; contact Luke on Tel: 0546924824.
- SUNYANI – Catholic Pastoral, Social and Training Centre (New Dormaa). Contact Mr. Jesse Jones Bezel on Tel: 050 048 2877
- TECHIMAN – BACCSOD Techiman Branch Office, Contact Mr. Toura on 020 578 2024
- HO – Ho Technical University, Volta Region, Contact Mr Stephen Gbena Tel 050 048 2873
- TAKORADI – Sekondi-Takoradi Campus, Kansaworado: Contact Miss Dora Osei-Boateng, Tel 0500482883
- KOFORIDUA – Ghana Highway Authority; Contact Mr Isaac Agyapong on Tel 0500482874
- TAMALE – Tamale Tech. University, Contact Mr. Mukassa Zooga Tel 0500482880
- BOLGATANGA – Bolga Secondary School, Contact Mr. Zoogah Mukasa, Tel. 0500482880
- WA – Jihann Training College, Contact Mr. Dominic Wanaa, Tel. 0500482878
- CAPE COAST – Cape Coast Tech University, Contact Derick Agyei Gyamfi Tel. 0500482882
- TEMA – ECG Training School, Community 11; Contact Mr. Michael Wiafe Yeboah Tel 0500482875
- Applicants must include in their application pack, Certified True Copies of their Certificates and Transcripts.
- Only results and documents provided by applicants at the time of submission of their applications shall be considered.
- TWO (2) COPIES COMPLETED ONLINE FORMS should be printed and posted to: The Registrar, Institute of Distance Learning, Casely-Hayford Building, KNUST-Kumasi, Ghana by 31st March, 2021.
- Teaching/Facilitation may be a blend of online and face-to-face sessions on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) at the proposed Centres mentioned above.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION, visit idl.knust.edu.gh or CALL 0204743271, 0245077483, 0509314350, 0279857058