Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Jhpiego Ghana Recruitments 2020.
Jhpiego Ghana is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
- Company: Jhpiego Ghana
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time.
Job Title: Clinical Advisor
Serve as team leader for malaria service delivery activities and provide relevant technical leadership, with a focus on improving and scaling up malaria management for both children and adults at the facility level
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the relevant GHS departments in charge of malaria service delivery including the Institutional Care Division (ICD), National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), and Family Health Division (FHD) – and with Regional and District Health Management Teams (R/DHMTs) to ensure effective execution of malaria case management supportive supervision and health worker training
- Coordinate closely with local and international partners, including UN agencies and INGOs, and build and maintain excellent working relationships with the GHS and other key stakeholders implementing malaria service delivery and child health initiatives in Ghana
- Develop detailed annual and quarterly work plans in collaboration with project staff and the GHS at national, regional and district levels
- Coordinate with the Impact Malaria M&E teams and GHS/HMIS to ensure that the malaria case management database is regularly updated and the project monitoring data is collected, analyzed and used regularly and with good quality
- Identify best practices, and support the introduction and scale-up of innovative technical interventions in malaria service delivery in close consultation and collaboration with GHS
- Plan and coordinate with the National ICD and NMCP to conduct regular (quarterly) program reviews involving the R/DHMTs, MalariaCare staff, other GHS staff and relevant stakeholders
- Conduct regular field visits in collaboration with key GHS staff, seek feedback and follow up on recommendations
- With technical support, identify operations research questions, participate in protocol development and support and supervise research activities
- Assist in the assessment of training needs and in the design and implementation of appropriate measures to address those needs
- Represent Impact Malaria in malaria case management forums with relevant partners. Participate in national, regional, and international forums to present experienc
Required Skills or Experience
- Medical Doctor with an advanced degree in Public Health, International Development, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with government and public health officials at every level
- A minimum of five years’ experience at the regional or central level, specifically supporting or implementing malaria service delivery activities and other aspects of community medicine
- Ability to advise, lead and manage technical assistance teams and multi-partner collaborative projects
- Program planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced environment with multiple competing deadlines and tasks
- Well balanced professional able to see the big picture and keep track of necessary detail
- Critical thinker with flexible and innovative problem solving skills
- Strong training, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Ability to travel up to 30 percent in-country.
Job Title: Regional Technical Officers
The Regional Technical Officer (RTO) will provide programmatic, technical and financial guidance to the implementation team in the project. The successful candidate will supervise a team of multi-disciplinary professionals providing technical assistance and support to IM-supported project facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The RTO will assist with individual and site work planning and harmonize with strategic plan as it relates to Ministry of Health (MOH), Ghana Health Service (GHS) and the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP).
- The RTO will foster a productive working relationship between NMCP and partner organizations including local professional associations while maintaining an excellent working relationship with counterparts at regional and district levels, implementing partners, and local institutions.
- The RTO will also oversee quality of care interventions at project-supported health facilities, monitor and maintain technical quality of activities in all aspects of the project’s deliverables.
- The RTO will work with Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation (SME) staff to implement existing SME plans that will feed data into the national comprehensive HMIS grid and DHIS2 and help document programmatic results, achievements, success stories and challenges in a timely manner, as required by the project
Required Skills or Experience
- A Physician Assistant, Clinical Nurse or any other closely related health care professional, specialization in malaria and other health related courses (e.g. MPH, MPA or other relevant degree) will be highly desirable
- Minimum of 4-5 years working experience in the areas of malaria service delivery and management including malaria in pregnancy care and treatment with previous working experience on USAID or CDC funded projects will be an added advantage
- Service delivery or clinical experience in malaria management, including malaria in pregnancy care and treatment is highly desirable
- Familiarity with the MOH, GHS structures and functions especially as it relates to NMCP is highly desirable
- Experience in managing and supervising technical/facility staff
- Ability to multi-task and proven knowledge and skills in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word processing, Excel and PowerPoint) is mandatory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and fluency in English language
- Ability to speak a local language in the respective project state will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor (Malaria in Pregnancy)
The Senior Technical Advisor, Malaria in Pregnancy (MiP) will provide technical and program oversight and direction in the area of malaria in pregnancy for the IM project.
Responsibilities include providing leadership and technical support and guidance in the development and implementation of MiP activities at national, regional, district and facility levels, promoting the uptake of intermittent prevention of malaria in pregnancy (IPTp), participating in national level discussions and MiP TWG meetings as well as improving databases that monitor MiP achievements. This position will ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the project team and partners, support the design of service delivery strategies, based on sound and current scientific evidence.
- Support for NMCP and Reproductive Health Division at the national level to review policies, protocols and guidelines.
- Support coordination at national level through the NMCP and participate in the national malaria case management and MiP TWGs, Safe motherhood and contributing technical updates, and documenting action plan
- Promote WHO’s new recommendations on intermittent prevention of malaria in pregnancy (IPTp) uptake and guidelines, as a core component of the WHO three-pronged approach for MiP
- Guide the integration of MiP services with maternal, newborn and child health
- Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of program activities in MiP at regional and district level
- Continue to support the National Malaria Control Program MiP activities at the facility level.
- Lead “train the trainer” sessions, site strengthening, in-service and/or pre-service education, follow-up and supportive supervision to project-supported health facilities, as required by program activities
- Contribute to maintaining excellent coordination and relationships with PMI Ghana and in-country stakeholders
- Contribute to development of the project strategic plan in close collaboration with the GHS, PMI and other stakeholders
- Contribute to annual work planning and preparation of donor reports
- Work collaboratively with finance staff to prepare activity budgets and track expenditures
- Ensure timely implementation of all program inputs related to MiP, including implementing assessments, site strengthening, follow-up and supervision
- Support demand creation, policy support, capacity building in collaboration with PMI and relevant stakeholders.
- Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to maternal, newborn and child health
Required Skills or Experience
- A senior nurse with Diploma/BSc in Nursing. A Master’s in Public Health will be an advantage.
- Experience working within the Ghana Healthcare system on Reproductive Health and MiP services
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Ghanaian healthcare system, particularly the public health system
- Skill in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs, training, pre-service education, performance and quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation
- At least 7 years’ experience applying malaria in pregnancy programs
- Experience in training health workers on clinical aspects related to family planning/reproductive health/malaria
- Experience building capacity at individual and organizational levels
- Experience with a mix of practical technical skills in malaria necessary for strengthening malaria service delivery at the provincial, clinical and community-level
- The ability to liaise with senior GHS officials and dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community;
- Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in English
- Strong skills in word processing and Excel spread sheets
- Familiarity with USAID and/or other USG administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and ability to foster team work
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in national programs and technical staff in the areas
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
How to Apply for Jhpiego Ghana Recruitments
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: [email protected].
- Deadline for the submission of applications: January 28, 2020
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer…