Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Recruitment 2021.
The International Fertilizer Development Center is a science-based public international organization working to alleviate global hunger by introducing improved agricultural practices and fertilizer technologies to farmers and by linking farmers to markets.
- Company: IFDC- International Fertilizer Development
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: National Admin and Finance Officer
The incumbent will provide support to the Office of Finance in the two main countries as well as the Country Representative in country finance and administration issues while working closely with the Regional Finance Officer by performing oversight role in financial and administrative management of the country office and ensure uniformity and compliance to IFDC policies. She/he is responsible for managing, coordinating, and directing the country office’s work in Administration, and Finance and support such as travel, procurement, inventory, vehicles, and drivers
National Administration and Finance Officer will be a national position and reports to the Country Representative and providing overall oversight to the Finance and Admin department in the country
Main duties are:
- Ensure monthly fund request is prepared and submitted on a timely basis;
- Manage the countries Payroll and ensure staff salary and benefits are paid in a timely manner while ensuring that all legal requirements regarding employment of staff are implemented (social security, income tax, work schedule
- Ensure that country office accountant/s are given the required support and guidance in NetSuite and ensure that the monthly accounting is closed on a timely manner.
- Offers support to the HQ Accountants and answers all finance and accounting related queries and reconciliations requested.
- Serve as contact point between IFDC Country Office, Field Program office and HQ regarding Administrative, and Finance issues.
- Review and analyze all management reports, (vehicle management, procurement status, inventory, physical verification of inventory process, and other related management reports) and give feedback and recommendations to Country Representative;
- Oversee the day to day administrative functions of the office and its satellite offices
- Schedules appointments and meetings for the country Representative
- Supervise the Administrative and Finance staff in country office;
- Ensure the staff understand and observe IFDC Procedures Manual;
- Conduct induction session for newly recruited staff;
- Maintain staff files of local staff and consultants;
- Ensure all staff submits their timesheets at the same time ensure the timesheets for international staff are sent to HQ and keep up to date record of the hard copies;
- Monitor leave requests from staff and inform all team members about absences;
- In close collaboration with the project administration officer, ensure general day-to-day project administration, including but not limited to purchase of equipment and services, organization of travels, logistics for project activities;
- Assist the country staff in organizing the annual evaluation of local staff
- Support the projects in review of the partners and subgrantees financial reports ensuring compliance.
- Ensure financial integrity of the office by instituting appropriate internal controls;
- Serve as contact point between IFDC Office regarding Administrative and Finance issues;
- Monitor the implementation of the budgeting as per project guidelines;
- Monitor the accounting and compliance with expenditure authorization requirements from requisitions through Field Programs office approvals to complete support document trails;
- Supervise office logistics: procurements and yearly inventory and travel arrangements for staff;
- Provide support to the Country Representative on all other administrative and financial issues;
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary and requested by the supervisors.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance Management, Accounting or any other related field and capacity for detail;
- At least 10 years of experience in accounting
- Practical experience in the management of donor-funded projects in the NGO sector;
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS office software and internet;
- Proficiency in English, both in a verbal and written communication;
- Ability to communicate in French, as a second language, would be a added advantage;
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 6th June 2021