The Hunger Project Recruitment 2017 is ongoing interested and qualified candidates should see full application details below.
The Hunger Project – Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under mentioned vacant position at the Head Office in Accra.
Job Title: Maternal and Child Health Project Coordinator (MCHPC)
• Preparing annual and quarterly work plans and budgets to guide the implementation of the Maternal and Child Health Project while ensuring financial compliance and accountability
• Planning and facilitating training of Community Health Officers (CHOs) and Community Health Volunteers in Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition education in communities to promote positive MNCH behaviour and practices
• Preparing tender documents for the procurement of maternal health equipment and accessories for CHPS facilities
• Developing strategic relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, especially the Ghana Health Service at national, regional, district and community levels
• Working closely with the Director for Partnerships and resource mobilization to identify funding opportunities and writing project proposals for scaling up The Hunger Project – Ghana’s Maternal and Child Health Programme.
• Work with the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) Team to ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of programme activities including preparation of monitoring reports and mainstreaming accountability mechanisms.
• Jointly conducting regular site monitoring visits to ensure quality programme implementation
• Developing and sharing quarterly, biannual and annual reports based on donor requirements
Qualification Required & Experience
Skills and Competencies
• A Master’s degree in either Public Health, Development Planning or any related discipline from an accredited institution
• At least 7 years of working experience in project management and community mobilization with a focus on maternal and child health services delivery
• Strong facilitation and report writing skills
• Knowledge and familiarity with the Ghana Health Service System
• Deep understanding of the community based health planning and systems (CHPS)
• Experience in budgeting and handling finances
• Preparedness to travel frequently to work in rural areas
• Computer literacy, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web and outlook)
• Ability to plan and implement project activities independently, with minimum supervision
• A good team player and excellent communication skills to manage relationships
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
• Must have good writing and proposal development skills
How to Apply
Interested persons should send an application letter and curriculum vitae (CV), including names of 3 referees to:
Closing Date: 20 September 2017