Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Recruitment 2021/2022.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH draws on the wealth of regional and technical expertise as well as tried and tested management know-how. As a federal enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ offers customized solutions to complex challenges. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made, and effective services for sustainable development in more than 130 countries worldwide.
- Company: GIZ
- Location: Sefwi Wiawso, Damango, Nalerigu, Techiman, Goaso, Dambai
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time.
Job Title: Junior Human Resource Officer
The Junior HR Officer is primarily responsible for providing support to the HR team in dealing with all tasks and responsibilities assigned such as employee relations, onboarding, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance
The Junior Human Resource Officer provides support in
- day to day HR administration assistance and operational activities
- providing support to the entire HR Team
- assisting to identify relevant HR-related problems and issues and assisting in formulating corrective implementation-oriented solutions in support
- assist with handling HR requests from staff and managers and assisting to resolve them
- Assisting with HR data management, filing, updating files, contract management, exit management and knowledge management by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information in the HR department.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Outstanding university degree; preferably HR qualification, Business administration, law or
sociology (if possible with a focus on HR administration or management) or comparable degree
- initial experience (internship or similar) in this area
- practical or basic knowledge of HRIS Software (SAP) or any other software comparable
Job Title: Intern, DRM
Scope of the Role
- The intern will be part of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) Component of the Governance for Inclusive Development (GovID) Programme.
- The job will entail working with national institutions like the Ministry of Finance and the Ghana Revenue Authority with the objective of supporting these national institutions to raise sustainable levels of revenues to strengthen public financial management that is geared towards inclusive development.
- Support the design and implementation of capacity building projects with partner institutions to strengthen budget implementation at the national and sub-national levels.
- Contribute to the timely implementation of work plans
- Assist in the monitoring of activities
- Contribute to the reporting and knowledge management of the GovID Programme
- Support the design and preparation of workshops, seminars and other events
- Support regular engagements with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualification Required & Experience
- Students currently enrolled in a Master’s Programme or having finished their Bachelor’s degree in the field of Public Administration, Economics, Development Studies or related fields less than six months ago by the start of the internship may apply.
- Foundational knowledge and strong interest in Public Financial Management, Budgeting, Decentralisation, Public Service Delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Motivated team player with an organized, systematic, proactive, detail- and goal-oriented work approach
- Excellent command of the English language (written & spoken)
- Ideally, you have already gained some practical experience in international cooperation.
- The use of all Microsoft suits
How to Apply for GIZ Ghana Recruitment
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to [email protected]
under the Job Code 2022/CO/01/02. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider the application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.