Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Recruitment 2023/2024.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH draws on the wealth of regional and technical expertise as well as tried and tested management know-how. As a federal enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ offers customized solutions to complex challenges. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made, and effective services for sustainable development in more than 130 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor at The Deutsche
- The programme “Participation, Accountability and Integrity for a resilient Democracy” PAIReD) supports key state and civil society actors in building up capacities to implement a citizen-oriented, integer and accountable governance on local and national level.
- A special focus is placed on improving tax policy and tax management for a fairer and more sustainable mobilization of revenue and strengthening the regulatory capacities of the public administration for a more accountable and transparent expenditure planning.
- Furthermore, the capacities of state institutions for uncovering and prosecuting cases of corruption and money laundering are strengthened and competencies of civil society and media for their participation in accountability processes are being improved.
Scope of Role:
- As a Communication Specialist you work on all job orders within your remit and are the main contact for advising managers, other staff members and external partners on all issues in the thematic area.
- You provide advice and hands-on support on formulating and producing targeted and relevant PR content (e.g. text, photos, graphics) and products that is to be disseminated via various internal and external platforms in connection with the objectives of the country office.
- Contribute to the development and ensure the implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy for the GIZ
programme Participation, Accountability and Integrity for a resilient Democracy
- Produce high quality visual communication elements for external and internal communication; such as fact sheets, infographics, presentations, newsletters, roll-up banners etc.
- Generate, edit and share content in line with the communication strategy that builds meaningful connections and encourages social media community members to take action
- Coordinate processes to produce publications and materials in accordance with GIZ standards (corporate design, standards for content) and Processes and Rules
Qualification Required & Experience
- University Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing or a related subject.
- Five years of professional experience in the field of graphic design and communication.
- Proven track record of developing high quality communication products; analogue and digital.
- Advanced and innovative design and illustration abilities; ability to conceptualize and think creatively; ability to develop graphic designs for illustrating programme information for the communication of results.
- Ability to articulate creative strategy, present design concepts, and present results data.
- Sound knowledge of social media platforms; aptitude for developing social media and content strategy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computers and current graphics processes and applications, including Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office.
- Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design concepts, principals and techniques; demonstrated creativity and initiative.
- Comprehensive knowledge of methods used to create digital, print, display, and promotional products.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
quoting the Job Code 2023/PAIReD-CS/19/09 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 3rd October 2023