Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) mature access admission form for the 2023/2024 academic year is out.
LATEST UPDATE: As of the time of publication, the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) mature access form for the 2023/2024 academic year is not yet out. This post is intended to serve as a guide to prospective applicants.
Ghana Institute of Journalism is running an access programme for mature applicants at the School of Alternative Learning. Applicants will receive blended tuition and will be examined in-person in English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test/General Paper.
GIJ Mature Access Admission Eligibility
- Be 25 years and above at the time of applying for the Mature Entrance Examination
- Show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application
- Provide an introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- Applicants working in media, public relations and other communication departments are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must register, attend and complete the Ghana Institute of Journalism Access Course for mature students
- Pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test/General Paper to be conducted by the Institute on
Saturday, 10th December, 2022.
- Applicants who pass the Entrance Examination must purchase an e-voucher from designated banks to access the GIJ online application form.
How to Apply for GIJ Mature Access Admission
- An applicant must pay the application fee and participation fee of GH¢650.00 at any Fidelity Bank branch by providing applicant’s name and telephone number.
- The applicant will be provided with a Serial Number and a Pin at the bank that will grant you access to the Online Admission Portal.
- Applicant should then proceed to the Online Admission Portal: www.admissions.gij.edu.gh to begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, an applicant must print out a copy of the confirmation page together with his/her results slip(s) and any other documents deemed important to the address below.
- The Access Course will be run online through the Institute Learning Management System (GIJ LMS) and face-to-face for in-person participants by the School of Alternative Learning, Ghana Institute of Journalism.
Applicants should take note of the following:
- Digital Blended Learning Tutorials will be held face-to-face for in-person participants and online through the Institute Learning Management System (GIJ LMS) for online participants.
- The fee for registration, the Access Course and Entrance Examination is GH¢650.00. Please note that the fee is non-refundable.
- Please note that the in-person mature entrance examination will occur at GIJ Campuses in the Greater Accra Region.
- Only applicants who pass the entrance examination will be eligible to purchase the evoucher to access the Institute’s on-line application form.
Dates of Blended Learning Access Course
The dates for the 6 weeks of Blended Learning Access Course are:
Saturday, 22nd October – Sunday, 23rd October 2022 – (Orientation/Training on GIJ LMS) Saturday, 29th October – Sunday, 3rd November 2022 Saturday, 5th November – Sunday, 6th November 2022 Saturday, 12th November – Sunday, 13th November 2022 Saturday, 19th November – Sunday, 20th November 2022 Saturday 26th November – Sunday, 27th November 2022 Saturday, 3rd December – Sunday, 4th December 2022
Date of Mature Entrance Examination
Saturday, 10th December, 2022
THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS REGISTRY
GHANA INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM
P.O. BOX GP 667, ACCRA
Closing date for applications:
Friday, 21st October 2022
For any further enquiries or help, contact: 0302-228336/0303-941251 or 026-9501772
Email: [email protected]