Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Wildlife Society Recruitments 2020.
The Ghana Wildlife Society is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit making conservation organization located at the Accra Conservation Education Centre near the Efua Sutherland Children’s Park. Our mission is to conserve wildlife in all its form for improved quality of life for all people. We belong to BirdLife International, the world’s largest nature conservation partnership of 120 autonomous NGOs around the world.
- Company: Ghana Wildlife Society
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Director, Conservation & Research
Duty Post: Conservation Education Centre, Accra
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Programme Managers (KBAs/IBAs, Migratory Birds and Flyways, Marine conservation)
Contract Duration: One-year (renewable based on performance)
• Responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and implementation of the Society’s Conservation and Biodiversity Research and programmes.
• Specific duties will include fundraising and project management, identification, planning and execution of mission oriented scientific research on biodiversity conservation issues.
• A second degree, preferably PhD in the biological sciences (Botany, Zoology, etc.) Natural Resources Management or a related field with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a scientific officer position.
• Track record in project proposal development, coordination of field projects and programme staff is crucial.
• Proven communication skills (written and oral, particularly scientific reporting and presentation).
• Familiarity with basic computer applications and software (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, GIS, STATA and others).
• Ability to use statistical tools to analyse scientific data is required.
• A strong technical background and understanding of a range of conservation issues, including protected area management, sustainable agriculture in conservation landscapes, conservation financing.
• Proven experience of large-size (over 1million Euros) project implementation, including financial management and administration.
• Experience managing teams to deliver complex projects.
• Experience working with partners, government institutions and communities.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, a full CV, and a two-page vision statement for the position to:
Candidates may visit www.ghanawildlifesociety.org to download the terms of reference for the position.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.