Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Recruitment 2022.
RES will be responsible for managing the decentralized final project evaluations in the region, according to an evaluation plan developed in consultation with country offices of the Region and shared in advance by OED. They will also be responsible for ensuring the dissemination of the evaluation results and creating learning opportunities at the regional and country-level, based on evaluation results, in close cooperation with the regional field program and knowledge management teams. The RES will also contribute to building evaluation capacities in the region, using CD material and guidance developed by OED.
Job Title: Social Policy Officer (Social Protection)
The Social Policy Officer (Social Protection) reports to the Senior Policy Officer, Social Protection Programme Lead and is under the general supervision of the Regional Programme Leader (RPL), of the FAO Regional Office for Africa and maintains regular contact with FAO headquarters in Rome for functional guidance on matters relating to social protection and rural development sectors.
Supports the social protection policy, programming and analytical work for strengthening the contribution of social protection in agricultural development, and emergency interventions to sustainable poverty reduction, food security and nutrition.
Research and analysis of information, data and statistics, and the maintenance and updating of related tools, methodologies and/or databases to support the delivery of programme products, projects, publications, and services and in alignment with the Organization’s Policy on Gender Equality.
- Researches and analyses agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition, and/or gender-related data, statistics and information to provide technical, statistical and/or policy related information and analysis to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes work, products, projects, publications and services.
- Produces a variety of technical reports and input for technical documents, publications and/or web pages.
- Provides technical, statistical and/or analytical services on various studies, projects and/or assessments and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Participates in the development of improved/updated technical, statistical and/or analytical tools, methodologies, systems, databases, key social/economic/environmental/nutritional and/or early warning indicators, etc.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams, collaborates with other divisions and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
- Collaborates in capacity development activities involving the planning and organizing of training workshops, seminars and major meetings and the preparation of related information, materials, on-line tools and information kits.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities.
- Contributes to research on the linkages between social protection, agriculture, humanitarian assistance, climate action, gender equality and food security and nutrition.
- Supports countries, through technical and capacity development, in forging links and promoting greater policy coherence and synergies between social protection, agriculture, humanitarian assistance, climate action, gender equality and food security and nutrition.
- Contributes to the review of Country Sustainable Development Frameworks and to the formulation of FAO Country Programming Frameworks and other engagements related to social protection in line with FAO’s corporate and regional policies and strategies on social protection and other relevant initiatives.
- Ensures that FAO’s corporate and regional policies and strategies on social protection and other relevant initiatives
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 5th October 2022