Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for CARE International Recruitment 2023/2024.
CARE International is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organizations. Founded in 1945, CARE has been fighting global poverty and defending the dignity of people around the world, working in over 90 countries around the globe. It is a global confederation of 14 members and 4 candidates/affiliate organizations working together to end poverty.
In 2017, CARE worked in 93 countries around the world, implementing 950 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects. We reached more than 62 million people directly and 216 million people indirectly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Officer Application
The Gender Officer will take a leading role and use collaborative methods to work with partners to develop, update and implement project gender strategic plan and ensure that the project is gender transformative to deliver on the gender equality results/outcomes outlined in the project results framework.
S/he will support analysis of relevant laws, policies and strategies that impact gender equality and women empowerment issues aligned to the project mandate and ensure that gendered MEAL approaches are mainstreamed in the MEAL system design and implementation.
The Gender Officer will report directly to the Project Manager; and will be based in the Tamale Sub-office and cover project implementation districts in the Northern, Northeast and Savannah Regions.
Some Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Review and provide input in the project-related training manuals (FFBS Tools and SAA in FNS) and ensure they address specific gender issues that directly affect target populations.
- Ensure that project reports and any additional reporting on gender mainstreaming at the project level is planned for and delivered on time.
- Support in conducting gender equality targeted evaluations, including design, support in data collection, management, and analysis working closely with the project MEAL Coordinator.
- Guide and support the partner’s technical staff, in the implementation of the gender strategy and any other agreed gender equality results in line with the project objectives.
- Provide input in the design of new layering initiatives to ensure the gender needs of impact groups are addressed in accordance with the LIFT Project approach.
- An in-depth understanding of the underlying causes of poverty, vulnerability, and gender inequality in Ghana and particularly in Northern Ghana with good knowledge of the political, economic, social, and technological environment is desirable.
- At least 3 years experience in implementing gender transformative/women empowerment programming in the agriculture/food security sector and experience in the application of gender tools in the field.
- Effectively and appropriately interact with others to build relationships, influence others, and facilitate the sharing of ideas and information.
- Develop internal and external trusting and professional relationships. Purposefully develop networks to build value through collaboration.
- Deliver quality results on organizational goals and constituent expectations through thoughtful planning, decision making and following appropriate processes.
- Contribute to an environment in which all employees feel a sense of belonging, are valued for their differences, and are empowered to participate and contribute freely.
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Gender and development studies or other relevant discipline coupled.
- A Master’s Degree in any of the above-related fields will be an absolute advantage.
How to Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to:
with “Gender Officer Application” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 7th April 2023.