Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for British Council Recruitment 2021/2022.
The British Council in Sub-Saharan Africa has an opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional to support country operations in Ghana, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Cameroon. The postholder will be responsible for providing British Council staff based in the West Africa Cluster with advice and services on a range of HR issues and support the achievement of operational goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IELTS & Cambridge Language Examiners
IELTS & Cambridge Language Examiners-
Pay band: Hourly rate
Post Duration: Two Years Renewable Contract
Eligibility: Existing right to live and work in Ghana
Deadline for application: 22 August 2021 (23:59 Nigeria Time)
About IELTS & Cambridge Language Examiners
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners. You will conduct one to one interviews with IELTS candidates to assess their spoken English according to set requirements, and assess written scripts produced by candidates under exam conditions.
- We are keen to build excellence in language assessment through the recruitment of qualified and motivated professionals.
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals
- IELTS examinations regularly take place at our locations in Ghana
- Training of successful candidates will be after shortlisting.
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.
- At least 3 years’ full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role, then we would really like to hear from you. Please apply by 22 August 2021 at 23:59 Nigeria Time.
If you have any technical problems, please email [email protected]
A connected and trusted the UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.