The Axel Adler Scholarship is the University of Gothenburg’s main scholarship programme for fee paying students. It covers the tuition fee for the recipient. We award scholarships every year. The application process follow the timeline of our programme admission.
Two selection groups
The scholarship programme is divided into two selection groups. The first one is for our Master of Arts and Master of Science programmes. It also includes our bachelor’s programme in Software Engineering. Our ambition is to award one recipient for each programme, around 60 recipients.
The other selection group is for our master’s programmes within the Fine, Applied and Performing Arts. Our ambition is to award around four scholarships within this selection group.
Axel Adler Scholarship Eligibility
You are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you meet the criteria listed below:
- You are required to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities
- You have applied to any of our master’s programmes, full-time studies or you have applied for the bachelor’s programme in software engineering (full-time studies).
- You must have submitted your application by 15 January 2021 through universityadmissions.se.
- You have paid the application fee and documented your eligibility for studies by 1 February 2021.
- You have listed a programme at the University of Gothenburg, as your first choice at universityadmissions.se.
Selection processAcademic staff assess and rank the scholarship applications. They will have access to your academic qualifications, portfolio (if applicable), CV, and Letter of Motivation to assess your suitability for the programme and your commitment and desire to study. Scholarship notifications will be sent to students selected for a scholarship shortly after the admissions results are published on 9 April 2021 for master’s programmes and on 16 April 2021 for bachelor’s programmes. Students who receive this notification must reply within one week to receive the scholarship.
How to Apply for Axel Adler Scholarship
Only applicants with a University of Gothenburg programme as their first choice are eligible to apply for a scholarship. Eligible students will receive an email with application instructions by 8 February 2021. If you are an eligible student and have not received an email, please let us know at [email protected].
The email will be sent to the email address you have registered at universityadmissions.
For more information, visit the University of Gothenburg Axel Adler Scholarship.