The African Organisation for Standardisation (ARSO) is inviting students in institutions of higher learning in Africa (Colleges/Universities approved by their local commission of higher education) below the age of 35 years to submit an essay on the topic/theme;
“The Role of Standardisation in resolving and addressing the socio-economic issues for the Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons and creating durable Solutions to forced Displacement in Africa”.
ENTRY RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is open to Citizens of all African Countries below the age of 35 years
living in Africa and studying in a university/college recognized by the local commission
for university educations or equivalent body in their countries.
2. Length of Essays: Essays should be between 1000 and 1200 words.
3. Presentation: Essays should be double spaced and presented in Century Gothic, size 12.
4. Language of essays: Essays may be submitted in English or French
5. Information on the author: Authors may use up to 50 words to describe themselves.
Information should include their names, course and year of study, name, town and
country in which their university is located (N. B. this will not be part of the 1000-1200
6. Contacts of authors: Authors should provide us with their postal, physical, telephone
and email addresses on the first page of the essay and information on the author.
Also kindly attach a copy of the Identity Card or passport and a completely filled
registration form that can be obtained from the AMC Group Africa Limited
(http://amcgroupafrica.com/) and ARSO (https://www/arso-oran.org) websites.
ARSO Continental Essay Competition Eligibility
The following essays are not eligible for this competition:
• Essays that have been shown or accepted for other competitions.
• Essays that have been published in any form.
• Essays that focus on the work of a particular person, organisation or brand name.
Number of essays to be submitted: Participants are only allowed to submit one essay.
Essay must be submitted by mid night on 15th January 2020.
PRIZES FOR WINNERS
Names and Essays of National Winners will be sent to ARSO Central Secretariat for Regional and Continental Competitions. Awards at national levels are as follows:
At National Level
1st Position – 1,000.00
2nd Position – 700.00
3rd Position – 400.00
In this regard, the Ghana Standards Authority is inviting students from higher institutions of learning (Universities) in Ghana to participate in the competition and to submit their essays on the theme to:
The Director General
Ghana Standards Authority
P. O. Box MB 245
Email: [email protected]
The last day for submitting the essay is by midnight on Wednesday, 15th January, 2020.
The Ghana Standards Authority wishes all participants good luck in the competition.